Friday, July 3, 2009

Preparation leads to stress


Test. Exam. Assessment. Final. Quiz. Review. Comps.

Those are very scary words. But here is the funny thing - Its not the test that leads me to a dark whole where i want to curl up in a ball and die of starvation - its the preparation. I had worked myself into a frenzy these last two weeks trying to prepare for my exams and right till almost the end you could not get me from thinking about my upcoming tests. I had the whole works: irritability, tiredness, recurring worrying thoughts, lack of tolerance, anxiousness, listlessness, prone to burst with anger and tears, and disturbed sleep. Is it really worth all that? I sat in a room for four hours writing everything i could remember from the past two weeks of studying. Those four hours were not stressful but more of a way to release all the stress i had built up anticipating for the day to come. Although i say this now, I know i will still enter freak out mode when i begin to prepare for my orals...



No comments:

Post a Comment