Monday, July 6, 2009

Ural was the Downfall

URAL... That was my down fall in the game of risk this evening. I had conquered all of North America, South America, most of Asia, and a little bit of Europe. The game board looked like the communists were taking over the world. GLOBAL DOMINATION!
But because my friend was on her way out of the game, my "south" feelings kicked in and i spared her little country of nothing - her Ural (they speak Russian there)...

THEN all a sudden out of nowhere i have 3 countries remaining in my possession... AND MY ENEMIES ARE TAKING OVER MY CONTINENTS! where did my men go? I guess thats the game of Risk.

I have thought about it... there is really only 2 kinds of strategies. 1. take as many countries and spread your men out only to be easily invaded by your enemies... or 2. arm up your favorite countries and do not let anyone take them... not matter what!

The other downfall to this game is forming allies.. thats right i said allies are downfalls. I withheld from invading and conquering Ural only to be stabbed in the back. Of course my friend didn't mean it or didn't realize what she was doing when she made allies with the enemy (or maybe she did...) But as soon as promises were made (she gave her word not to attack Alaska)... i lost my countries and continents.

By the end of the evening i was able to put some of my men back up on the board... we have control of Africa... o.. and i finally took that damn Ural and i will see to it that it will always be in my possession no matter what!

Risk... its a game of fun? or GLOBAL DOMINATION!

4 comments:

  1. See, the game has benefits... like lessons in geography...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little disturbed that you keep referring to me as "the enemy." Play to win the game! Plus you're dominating the board right now anyways

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love risk, but most people seem to hate it. We should play sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chorus from this song was playin in my head the whole time, for the record http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOfOjXywdbo

    ReplyDelete